Well friends, it has come to this. I am now blogging about fashion. I can feel the universe laughing at me considering just months ago I was still rocking mostly maternity pants and tops that could fit at least two of my pre-pregnancy self. Since I’m a “real adult” now I thought it was time to upgrade my wardrobe by adding fun and versatile pieces that could easily transition from office to play. Enter Stitch Fix. Stitch Fix is an online styling service for women. You sign up for free and create a style profile and then wait for the magic to happen. Once you schedule your fix, you are charged a $20 styling fee, which will be credited to your account should you choose to keep anything from your fix. Your personal stylist reviews your style profile, checks out your pinterest boards, and hand-selects 5 items she thinks will be perfect for you.
Apart from the spending-lots-of-money-on-real-clothes part, this has been an awesome experience for me so far. I mean, who wouldn’t love a box of pretty things arriving at your door?! I failed to document my first box, but check out these beauties I just received!
First things first, they get you with the personal note and make you feel all the feels. Come on, who doesn’t spend money on clothes when they are emotional? Well played, XO Jen. Well played. Along with the personal note, they include style cards with suggestions on how to style each piece.
So here it goes, the big reveal.
1. Bay to Baubles – Rolanda Chevron Fanned Necklace ($28) – SOLD
2. Pixley – Florence Colorblocked Dress ($68) – KEPT
This dress! This gem came straight from my Pinterest board. I love the colors. I love how it feels and how it makes me feel in it. And I love how it could easily be dressed up or down depending on occasion.
Not going to lie, I did not love this necklace when I first saw it in the box. However, a friend encouraged me to try it on and I accidentally kind of like it. I think it makes the dress pop, so now I’m torn. I will probably end up sending it back (or selling it to another Stitch Fix addict!).
3. Market & Spruce – Corinna Striped Dolman Top ($48) – KEPT & LOVE 🙂The first thing I pulled out of my box was this heavenly soft and flattering Corinna Striped Dolman top. You may or may not know this about me, but grey and white stripes are my jam. It’s like this thing was meant to be mine! (Side note: I look awkward in all of these pictures. I don’t know what to do with my hands!)
4. Pixley – Ohara Faux Wrap Tie-Waist Dress ($68) – SOLDThis dress is so soft. I love the material and I love the color. What I don’t love is the emphasis on the bust/stomach area. Believe me, I don’t need any help making those look bigger! I’m also not 100% sold on the random dot chevron pattern. Bottom line, this dress looks good on paper but not on me.
5. Margaret M – Emer High Waisted Trouser ($98) – SOLDPardon my basic black cami and muffin top (and that random ball of dust by the trash can??) and let’s focus on what these babies do for my waistline and backside. It’s like wearing maternity pants that you don’t have to be embarrassed about! The fabric is super soft and stretchy and very forgiving (aka slimming). Now if only I could convince Brad that all of these features are worth the price tag. But I think I’ll save that battle for another day and let these pants find a new home. Also, I’m pretty sure these are supposed to be cropped, which is not the case on my 5’2″ frame.
Let’s Talk Dollars
The people who run Stitch Fix are no dummies! They offer you a deal that’s almost too good to pass up. Check out how they get you with the Buy 5 Discount of 25% :
So I was left with three days to decide if I wanted to keep my items or return them. What a dilemma! My life is hard. In an effort to keep the items I wanted but still get the 25% discount, I decided to sell the other three items in this Stitch Fix B/S/T Facebook Group. I feel like I am winning at life!
As you can see, I am clearly a huge fan of Stitch Fix. But you don’t have to believe me, you can try it for yourself! Worst case scenario: You are out the $20 styling fee. Best case scenario: You receive amazing new fashion pieces picked out just for you and delivered to your door. If you do decide to try it (and I TOTALLY think you should), click the picture below to get started.